For the first time in many years the main cemetery is openning for new licenses. The proposed opening datetime is noon on Monday, March 1, 2021. There are about thirty-five gravesites being made available in this first round. As we get closer to March 1st, this number may change, but the number of sites is limited!
The Cemetery layout and list of open gravesites will be available one week in advance here on the Cemetery website. The applications are to be submitted by email to the cemetery team at email@example.com to ensure an impartial date-time stamp on all applications. Applications need only be simple email messages showing interest in licensing with contact information. You may submit your email from here or in your normal email editor. Selection will take place later according to the process outlined below.
The Licensing Process:
- Applications will be processed by the Cemetery team, one at a time, on a first-come / first-served basis. The Trustees and Council observers will be participating
- The applicant’s membership with Walker Chapel will be verified via Servant Keeper, the Chapel’s data system. Only current and past members may apply. Non-members should contact the Pastor for assistance in becoming a member.
- The applicant will be sent a copy of the Policy, Procedures, and Rules guide for the cemetery. This guide was approved by joint Trustees / Council meeting in December 2018 and is currently being updated for reapproval and release the end of this month.
- The applicant will be scheduled for an in-person or online meeting with the Cemetery team to view the location of available sites. All Covid-19 precautions will be followed.
- The applicant will select their gravesite(s) and complete their application acknowledging by signature they have read and agree to comply with the Policy, Procedures, and Rules. Each site may accommodate two casketed burials or six cremains burials or combination thereof.
- The Cemetery team will attempt to validate again that the selected site(s) are unused. Due to the age of the cemetery, it is never possible to be certain, but a double check is prudent.
- The applicant will pay for the selected site(s) in full at the rate of $8,000.00 per gravesite and in return the Cemetery team will issue a confirmation Gravesite License and record the license in the records of Walker Chapel.
If you would like to discuss licensing, please send us an email to:
or by mail to
Walker Chapel Cemetery Team, 4102 N. Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22101