Place of Peace
The cemetery was first used by the Walker family in the mid-1800’s. There are a scattering of plain, verical, granite stones without inscription that may pre-date the Walker’s use. There are many infants and children buried in the cemetery with stones that share their parents love and loss…
“Budded on Earth, Blooming in Heaven”.
Historic Cemetery Project
The HCP is a multi-year, $1.2M project to enhance and expand the cemetery to better serve all in our Chapel, neighborhood, and community. Come follow us as we work the project starting in 2019 and on.